General Machinist A
Company: Knight Enterprises, LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2018
JOB POSTING POSITION TITLE: GENERAL MACHINIST A DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: MANUFACTURING REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING PURPOSE: This position is responsible for performing skilled machinist duties under limited supervision. Work with ODID Grinder, Surface Grinder, Sunnen Hone, Mazak mills and lathes, operate complex machines using computer aided devices and perform preventive maintenance of machines. Perform related work in assessing quality standards and ensuring the product meets exacting specifications and standards. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
- Setup and Operate Studer ODID Grinder (also manual), Surface Grinder and Sunnen Hone. Fanuc Controls for Studer.
- Contacts supervisory personnel when raw product, events or finished products are not conforming to required standards.
- Performs CNC Machinist duties as required.
- Assists in machining adjustments and operational improvements.
- Performs machinist work involving fabrication of specialized parts.
- Maintains and performs preventive maintenance on machines and related systems.
- Maintains strict tolerance requirements in the manufacture of parts.
- Operates equipment used with lathes and mills to quality assurance specification.
- Fabricates all required parts and similar items as needed.
- Records machine data for reporting and record-keeping purposes.
- Prepares documents as required to perform inventory or audit.
- Computes amounts of workload capacity and running time.
- May confer and corresponds with management and vendors to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory or management personnel. JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 plus years experience with ODID Grinder, Surface Grinder and Sunnen Hone.
- Working knowledge of CNC mills and lathes preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling speeds and feeds offsets and minor program changes.
- Holding tight tolerances.
- Using measurement deltronics dimensions with optical comparators, micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints. Knight Enterprises Management, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law. Knights policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices and are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. To view the U.S. Department of Labors (DOL) Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please go to the following link:
Keywords: Knight Enterprises, LLC, Titusville, General Machinist A, Other, Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!