Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - Sign On Bonus Available
Company: PowerBack Rehabilitation
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Sign On Incetive avaliable for select positions! Powerback is a
new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and
wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an
empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing
integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to
rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which
is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone and
helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care
that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better,
breathing better, and living better. POSITION SUMMARY: The Speech
Language Pathologist organizes and provides speech-language
services for the agency to facilitate rehabilitation. They direct
patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and
enhance performance. Also, the Speech Language Pathologist
facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential
for communication and swallowing, to diminish or remediate
disorders or deficits. They direct activities to promote and
maintain health, within the scope of practice and consistent with
the Code of Ethics of the profession.
- As necessary or applicable, supervision of CFYs temporary
licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state
licensure requirements and professional standards.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab
services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and
patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
- Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other related meetings.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to
select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the
needs and capabilities of each patient.
- Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of
the individual patient.
- Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of
fire and safety hazards.
- Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment, as necessary.
- Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that residents and
families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs
- Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history,
systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures,
synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order
to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the
predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it,
identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration
with the patient and caregivers, implements the speech language
pathology treatment plan, and completes all related documentation
and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but
are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas
such as cognitive-communication, speech intelligibility, oral motor
skills, swallowing , disorders/dysphagia, perceptual abilities, ,
orientation, memory, pragmatics, psychosocial expression,
- Coordinates the acquisition of adaptive communication devices
and instructs patients in their use.
- Facilitates identification of hearing deficits and
appropriately refers for assessment, diagnosis rehabilitation
and/or personal amplification.
- Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's
physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
- Instructs patients in the skills and techniques required for
participation in therapeutic activities, and evaluates patient
progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative
- Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment.
- Performs other related duties as required. - SHARESTH1
PandoLogic. Keywords: Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), Location:
Titusville, FL - 32796 , PL: 525846575
Keywords: PowerBack Rehabilitation, Titusville , Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - Sign On Bonus Available, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!