Registered Ultrasound Technologist
Company: Parrish Health Network
Posted on: November 14, 2021
**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next
Under the general supervision of the Lead Sonographer, uses
appropriate ultrasound equipment to identify anatomy and possible
- Provides all aspects of Diagnostic Medical Sonography care
based on established standards. Demonstrates Competency in all
procedures within the Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages
of the patients served evidenced by: The ability to obtain
information and interpret information in terms of the patient's
needs; a knowledge of growth and development; and understanding of
how to compensate technical factors to provide an optimal clinical
image for interpretation. Age groups that pertain include: Neonate,
Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric Patients. *
- Provides ultrasound guidance and assistance to Radiologists
and/or Staff Physicians during sterile invasive procedures. *
- Assures quality examinations by obtaining pertinent medical
history and reviewing with the Radiologist as appropriate. *
- Performs quality imaging by utilizing proper immobilization,
proper technical factors and reviewing images with Radiologist
prior to the release of patient, if clinically indicated. *
- Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory of drugs, sterile
and nonsterile supplies and equipment. Directs special orders to
Lead Sonographer as necessary. Provides for room cleanliness,
sterilizing, stocking and preparation between each patient.
- Communicates with fellow Care Partners, Patient, Patient Family
Members, Nursing Staff and Physicians regarding their Physicians'
orders to include: an explanation of the procedure, anticipated
waiting time and an explanation for any delays.
- Knows fire, disaster and safety procedures and regulations as
pertain to the work area.
- Assists in the cross training of Care Partners and taking part
in the On-Call Ultrasound coverage as coordinated by Lead
- Completes PACS and Meditech related duties to ensure proper
charging, patient tracking and reporting. Demonstrates thorough
knowledge of all department forms and flow charts and their proper
- Coordinates procedures scheduled with all other sections of
Diagnostic Imaging, and upon the completion of examination releases
the patient with proper instructions.
- Prepares and verifies daily function of equipment necessary to
perform daily procedures. Performs quality assurance and is
responsible for knowing manufactures safety recommendations for all
equipment. Reports any problems to Lead Sonographer. *
- Associate's Degree, ADN or other Two Year College equivalent
required. ARDMS registered.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS)
- BCLS through the American Heart Association
Keywords: Parrish Health Network, Titusville , Registered Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!