Team Manager Home Care
Company: Vitas Healthcare
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care Team and that
member of the team whose function is to: supervise, evaluate and
coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary
team; assure continuity of care from admission to discharge or
transfer to bereavement; serve as patient advocate and coordinator
for other social service and health care providers in the community
who are involved in the care of the team's patients; assume
responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake
through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
Patient Care Services
- Directs all patient care services for the team, including
volunteer and bereavement, and ensures that services are rendered
as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of
- Reviews information on all pending patient admissions, all new
admissions (assessments and history) and "alive" discharges to
assure that eligibility and appropriateness criteria are met.
- Collaborates with both the team physician and the attending
physician regarding palliative care measures for pain and symptom
- Assures complete and accurate data and documentation are
available to make recertification decisions and further assures
that those decisions are made on a timely basis.
- Reviews all imminent "alive" discharges to assure effective
- Monitors the type and level of team services provided
(staffing, medications, HME, supplies, level of care changes to
inpatient and continuous care, etc.) to assure that they are
appropriate and responsive to patient/family needs and
- Manages the team schedule and assures coordination of services
24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all patients on the team.
- Facilitates team meeting, assuring interdisciplinary input into
the update and revision of the plan of care in concert with the
changing needs and expectations of the patient and family.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
Staff Supervision and Management
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates and
dismisses team staff in conjunction with the Patient Care
- Assures staff competence and performance levels through making
field visits, evaluating documentation and providing team based in
services on Vitas values, hospice principles and practices and
specific team growth needs.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff re clinical issues,
documentation, inter- and intra- team problem solving and
appropriate customer service behavior
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and
territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed
equitably and that all staff are able to meet overall productivity
- Reviews and approves payroll, assuring that employees have
documented accurate time, mileage and additional expenses.
Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
- Monitors clinical records and all team activities to ensure
that they are accurate, complete and meet required standards in
accordance with VITAS policy and all regulatory bodies.
- Develops and implements performance improvement activities to
respond to service issues and challenges and participates from time
to time in program relating to quality and service
- Ensures that team completes proactive and other patient/family
satisfaction surveys, and implements Quality Improvement measures
- Assists with surveys and requests from regulatory bodies and
intermediaries as directed by local program.
- Performs substantive chart reviews to assure there is evidence
that quality care is being delivered.
- Participates in the Outcomes Management and annual program
- Performs utilization review of continuous care and inpatient
levels of care for all patients on team.
- Assures that problems/grievances/service failures experienced
by individual patients/families or physicians/MCOs are addressed
with team members, vendors, other VITAS departments, and are
resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
- Analyzes customer service issues on team to identify causes and
works with individual team members as well as entire team to
- Personally speaks with patients/families and their attending
physicians when patient is considering revocation to seek
satisfactory solutions to avoid unnecessary revocation.
- Regularly visits LTC and Contract Bed facilities to assure care
plan integration, customer satisfaction and to discuss criteria for
- Participates in providing inservices to customers along with
other team members, Patient Care Administrators and other program
- Participates in professional, voluntary or community service
- Verifies/approves admitting IPOC diagnosis, treatments,
staffing and supplies.
- Monitors utilization of resources by every patient to assure
cost effective delivery of services.
- Controls and is accountable for productivity, labor and all
related patient care costs with respect to budget.
- Approves all bills/invoices related to patient care
- Attends inservices, educational seminars and workshops.
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and
- Participates as a mentor of newly hired Team Managers.
- Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance
coverage for driver and passengers.
- Private telephone in home.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical
and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic
nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative
within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health
care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and
- Working knowledge of VITAS information system (Vx) and the
ability to utilize management reports.
- Two years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a
health care organization.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current and valid R.N. License to practice in the state where
the VITAS program is located.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
Keywords: Vitas Healthcare, Titusville , Team Manager Home Care, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!