Biologist for Environmental Resource Management
Company: Ecological Associates Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
EAI is seeking resumes of qualified individuals to support
private and public-sector projects within our Environmental
Resource Management group. The individual selected will interact
with a highly experienced team of professionals and will
participate in a variety of challenging terrestrial and marine
projects. Excellent field data collection and data entry skills
(i.e., attention to detail) are essential. The candidate should be
self-motivated and conscientious with a strong work ethic and the
ability to meet deliverable deadlines within the expected
timeframes. Must be able to follow complex instructions and
communicate candidly and professionally with others, sometimes
under adverse field conditions (e.g., inclement weather, biting
insects, etc.). A clean driving record is required. Occasional
overnight travel may also be required.
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate
possesses the following qualifications:
Compensation rate dependent on qualifications and experience.
Generous benefits, including 401k, profit sharing, group health,
professional development opportunities, a minimum of 25 paid days
off per year, and a casual working environment.
- M.S. or B.S. degree in the biological sciences with between two
to five years of professional experience.
- FWC Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agent Certification
- NPDES Stormwater Management Inspector Certification
- Proficiency with plant identifications.
- Strong familiarity with Floridas ecosystems (upland, wetland,
and scrub habitats).
- Experience performing water quality sampling pursuant to the
FDEP and SFWMD quality assurance manuals. Agency training and
experience is preferred.
- Experience conducting wildlife surveys, particularly for avian
and listed species.
- Experience conducting wetland delineations.
- Broad practical experience using GPS instrumentation and GIS
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team
- Experience operating 4X4 off-road vehicles and ATVs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work safely for long hours
outdoors in difficult environments (hot, humid, rainy, buggy, dense
- Boat and/or heavy equipment operation experience a plus.
Reports to: Project Manager/Senior Scientist
Equal Opportunity EmployerDrug Free Workplace
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with
or without notice.
Application for Employment:
All interested parties are encouraged to forward resumes, including
at least two references who can attest to the applicants education,
practical experience, and personal conduct. Qualified applicants
will be contacted for interviews.
Announcement Posting Date:
April 23, 2021
Keywords: Ecological Associates Inc., Titusville , Biologist for Environmental Resource Management, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!