RN Patient Care Manager - $15,000 Sign On Bonus Available
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Health is seeking a Patient Care Manager who would
like to join our team! As
residents of Florida's Space Coast we enjoy year-round sunshine and recreation along
with commitment to the arts, science, and economic
development. We have a very energetic community.
Located on 72 miles of pristine Atlantic coastline in East
Central Florida, the Brevard County region is famous for its space
launches, as well as its manatees, sea turtles, and other marine
life. Just 45 minutes East of Orlando and
all of the Attractions such as Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal
Studios; we have a fantastic Home Health Team waiting for
you. We invite you to explore a unique and welcoming
lifestyle and an opportunity for a growth oriented career with The
Parrish Home Health, a part of LHC
Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Receives referrals and ensures appropriate clinician and/or
therapist(s) assignments for timely patient evaluation by signing
off after authorization and plotting start of care (SOC)
- Coordinates determination of patient home health benefits,
medical necessity, and ongoing insurance approvals.
- Ensures patient needs are continually assessed and care
rendered is individualized to patient needs, appropriate and
reasonable, meets home health eligibility criteria, and is in
accordance to physician orders.
- Oversees and assures development, implementation, and updates
to the individualized patient plan of care, as appropriate.
- Manages and documents phone calls from physicians, clinicians,
patients, referral sources, and communicates patient updates/new
orders to clinicians. Uses coordination notes to document, as
needed and appropriate.
- Reviews assessments and plans of care daily, per assigned
workflow, and consults clinicians with recommendations, as
- Coordinates all aspects of care with all disciplines,
physicians, durable medical equipment providers, caregivers/family
members, transferring facilities, and any other applicable
- Follows-up on lab and other clinical diagnostic test, physician
contact, and significant changes in the patient condition to ensure
adequate physician notification, follow-up, and needed plan of care
modifications and communicates such to clinicians.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates, and documents case
conference/SOC reports and facilitates effective exchange of
information across disciplines especially with adverse findings,
changes in patient condition, daily and urgent updates, as
- Assists clinicians in coordinating the transfer and discharge
of patients from agency services as indicated by the
- Receives report from field clinicians prior to scheduled days
off on patient status and ongoing needs.
- Processes new orders and updates the visit frequency, as
appropriate, when the oncall RN takes supplemental verbal orders
which alter frequency going forward.
- Writes and processes orders when taking verbal orders directly
from the physician and communicates such to field clinicians.
- Assures payer change documentation is completed properly and
timely, as required.
- Reviews clinician visit notes weekly to ensure timely,
complete, appropriate, and accurate submission of all documentation
by field staff. Takes necessary action to correct adverse findings
and communicates trending to clinical director.
- Reviews, evaluates, and supervises service delivery to ensure
appropriateness of care and utilization of services, equipment, and
supplies through activities such as random patient visits, medical
record reviews and case conferences.
- Enters infections and incidents/occurrences into the online
Risk Management Incident Reporting System, as specified by
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical team members in
collaboration with the clinical director.
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary, in accordance to
scope of practice and physician orders.
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily
clinical and coding edits.
- Directs clinicians in utilizing best practice interventions
when finalizing Plan of Care for all patients.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Follows-up with On-Call events daily.
- Receives report from weekend and after-hours clinicians
admitting new patients.
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments
per Executive Director request, as well as any state specific
required training per state regulation/practice act
- Directs team in adherence to and participates in the Episode
Education & Experience
- Current RN licensure in state of Florida
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation
Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.
Keywords: LHC Group, Titusville , RN Patient Care Manager - $15,000 Sign On Bonus Available, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!