Cash Poster FT
Company: Parrish Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next
8:00-4:30pm; Full Time
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Supervisor, performs a
varieties of duties related to patient accounts. Applies manual and
electronic payments, co-payments and deductions to patient
accounts, and distributes EOBs to patient representatives In puts
non patient payments to the General Ledger.
- Verifies while inputting and posting patient information in
B/AR System from the lockbox, mail deposit, cashier deposits cash
drawers, DAT payments to include account number, co-payment,
deductions and patient responsibilities from insurance. Post
payments to update patient accounts using accurate procedure codes
and dates of service.
- Download, review and post Medicare and Medicaid electronic
- Prepares, calculates and balances the Daily Cash Summary Sheet.
Posts deposits to the cash clearing accounts and follows
appropriate procedures. Provides back up documentation for
deposits, tax and interest to Finance Department for Keying to
- Scan review and post specific Insurance payments from lockbox
to Meditech. Posts self-pay payments to the appropriate accounts in
B/AR. Transfers self-pay balances as needed when appropriate.
- Prepares batches and post non-patient payments to the General
Ledger, to include Medicare, Medicaid interest, Home health
payments and various General Ledger accounts. Prepares summary of
daily deposit and posting activity. Prints batch listings and
attaches it to each filed batch for ease of reference.
- Scan and indexes all batches posted to B/AR into the
Application Extender Program.
- Credit Card transactions and any credit card discount fees are
keyed to appropriate patient account to reflect correct credits.
Provides back up documentation to the Finance Department. Monitors
and tracks miscellaneous income, thoroughly researches and
documents questionable entries. Provides documentation for GL
posting to Finance.
- Maintains 835 Electronic Remittance Advice Dictionary in
Meditech. Ensures accurate posting and oversees scripting processes
used by Medassets. Coordinates with Medassets, troubleshoots issues
and determines appropriate resolutions as applicable.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Required Licenses, Certifications,
Keywords: Parrish Medical Center, Titusville , Cash Poster FT, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!