Basic Security Officer
Company: Parrish Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next
Under the direct supervision of a Security Lead or Supervisor,
conducts activities to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, illegal
entry, and bodily harm. Prevents crime and enables deterrence by
presenting a highly visible, physically capable, professional
uniformed presence. Responds to alarms and other calls for
assistance to rescue, protect, and defend. Has access to medication
storage areas, may receive, deliver and store medications only.
- Provides all necessary aspects of security service based on
established age-specific standards, appropriate to the age group of
the individuals served.
- Assists in confronting unauthorized persons for questioning;
routes or detains them, or telephones police for assistance,
according to situation.
- Notifies Communication Center to alert Fire Department and
Hospital personnel in event of fire. Maintains contact with
Communication Center by radio or telephone.
- Reports unusual conditions or malfunctions of heating,
electrical systems, plumbing, or communications system.
- Assists in monitoring and control of parking areas. Maintains
emergency vehicle access to emergency entrance and other areas of
- Assists in escorting personnel to and from parking lots or
between buildings as requested.
- Prepares reports using computer word processing
- Assists with ambulation of patients as required.
- Assists in the patrol of building and grounds, examining doors,
windows, entrances, and exterior lighting and to determine that all
areas are secure and tamper free.
- Responds to emergency situations and takes actions as
Vocational or other technical school, certification, training, or
apprenticeship required beyond high school.
0 to 1 year experience
Required Licenses, Certifications,
- Valid State of Florida Drivers License (FDL) and Motor Vehicle
Record (MVR) that is acceptable to PMC's corporate automobile
insurance carrier -- license will be screened prior to employment
and annually thereafter.
- IAHSS Basic Security Officer Certification within six months of
Keywords: Parrish Medical Center, Titusville , Basic Security Officer, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!