LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Provides medical social services under the direction of a physician
and Interdisciplinary Group to assist in the understanding of
significant social and emotional factors related to the patient?s
health status and in development of coping mechanisms. Orients,
Supervises, mentors and educates other social workers within the
state licensed in. Contributes to development of policies and
procedures applicable to area of expertise.
* Assists the patient, significant others, physician and health
care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental and social factors related to the patient's health
status on an as needed basis. Able to be alternate social work
to other agencies in state when needed.
* Contributes as a health care team member to the development of a
comprehensive, integrated Plan of Care for patients on a
* Instructs health care team members on community resources
available to assist patients on an as needed basis.
* Collaborates with hospitals and community agencies to promote
continuity of care on an as needed basis.
* Assesses social and emotional factors related to patients illness
to determine ability to cope with daily living problems on as
* Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept
and follow medical recommendations on as needed basis.
* Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community
resources as needed.
* Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource
development and/or improvement as needs arise.
Visits patient according to Plan of Care, completes a clinical note
for each visit, and submits clinical notes to the agency on a
daily basis. The MSW will give daily report to the Administrator
regarding patient visits to ensure continuity of the Care
* Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a
* Able to function as Bereavement Coordinator and supervise the
provision of bereavement services reflective of patient-family
needs if needed. Establishes a Plan of care that addresses
bereavement needs with clear delineation of services to be
and frequency of service delivery up to thirteen (13) months
following the death of the patient.
* Functions as preceptor and mentor for new hire social workers
through orientation, on-going education, and completes
discipline-specific annual competencies as needed.
* Assist with Social Work and Bereavement Policy development and
* Provides quarterly education to Hospice staff related to
* All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
* Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education.
* One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
* Current CPR certification required.
* Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
* AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, LA, MI, MS, NJ OH, SC, TX, WV:
Must be licensed as a Social Worker from the State Board of
*MI: Must be licensed as a Social Worker from the State Board of
Social Work; or have a limited Social Worker license practicing
under the supervision of a licensed master's social worker.
* VA: 2 years experience in case work or counseling in a health
care setting required.
* WI: Certified/Licensed in Social Work from the Marriage and
Family Therapy, Professional Counseling, and Social Work
examining Board of Wisconsin.
* AZ, MO, NC, PA, TN, WA: No additional state specific
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
its all about helping people, and we live by those words today. Its
our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to
patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to
fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family,
youre choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both
personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping
people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder,
helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We
do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we
exist. Its our purpose.