Certified Nursing Assistant II, Med/Telemetry
951 N. Washington Ave, Titusville, Florida 32796
Under the supervision of the RN/LPN is responsible for
administering direct patient care as assigned as a member of the
nursing team. Responds to patient requests and performs other
nursing functions to ensure optimum patient care. Communicated in a
timely manner to RN/LPN changes in patient condition and behavior.
Exemplifies PMC Mission, Vision and Values and maintains
compassionate relationships that can help the person and family
make it through times of illness with dignity. Has access to locked
Clean Utility/Meds/Nourishments rooms for access to patient
nourishments and care items. Demonstrates competency in all
procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of
the patients served.
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by assisting with bedpans,
urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos and shaves; assisting with
travel to the bathroom or bedside commode; helping with showers and
baths; changes linen and patient gowns.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with
serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning
and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment
between meals; emptying trash.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures as delegated by RN,
including the following: checking vital signs and daily weight,
recording intake and output, apply skin barrier medicated creams,
simple dressing changes, blood glucose testing, foley removal,
discontinuation of a saline lock, administering enemas, and ice
packs, heat treatments, etc.
- Observes and reports to Team Leader any symptoms or changes in
patient condition. Documents actions by completing appropriate
documentation in Meditech 6.0
- Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge process of
Work requires frequent physical exertion and/or muscular strain.
Work environment involves several disagreeable elements and/or
exposure to job hazards where there is some possibility of
- High school Diploma or GED required, with Certified Nursing
Assistant exam completion and current licensure
- Minimum of one (1) year of hospital experience
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate
- Basic Life Saving (BCLS) certification
Shift (if applicable)