Psychiatric RN - Home Health
Company: Parrish Home Health
Posted on: October 3, 2019
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Psych RN) in Home Health renders
professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing,
developing, implementing, and evaluating home nursing care needs of
Parrish Home Health , a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation visit within 24 - 48 hours
of receipt of referral or longer if indicated by MD.
- Continually evaluates the patient's nursing needs by assessing
and reassessing the patient to include general physical assessment,
mental status assessment and suicidal potential assessments.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of treatment and necessary
revisions per acceptable standards of psychiatric
- Instructs and supervises the patient's family in the care of
the patient and maintenance of a healthy and safe environment.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized
- Renders nursing care to homebound patients and perform
treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Assists the patient's family in any way possible to recognize
the daily living problems of the patient and provides information
on community resources that are available.
- Maintains accurate records of the history of the patient for
the supervisor and the physician, especially in reference to drugs,
- Reports to the patient's physician and other appropriate
personnel pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
- Provides counseling and crisis intervention to the patient and
- Participates in in-service programs as required by the
- Participates in nursing report and complies with the Care
- Performs 60 day record review (recertification) and
collaborates with physicians and all other disciplines involved in
- Participates in staff conference regarding patient care.
- Participates in the QA/QI plan and process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The RN must have one of the following credentials: 1.) A
masters degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing OR; 2.) A
bachelors degree in nursing with one year of experience in an
active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or
outpatient clinic OR; 3.) A diploma or associate degree with two
years experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or
mental health hospital or outpatient clinic OR 4.0 On an individual
basis and/or other combination of education or experience as
required by specific state law, as applicable. Experience
- Prior to RN making a psychiatric nurse visit, the agency will
adhere to Psychiatric Skilled Nursing/Scope of Care and the written
notification from the CMS Intermediary will be evident on file at
the agency if applicable.
- Must have experience within the last five years. If not,
documentation must support psychiatric retraining classes or CEUs
to update psychiatric knowledge. License Requirements
- Must have current RN
- Must have a current drivers license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle, or public
- Current CPR certification
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Parrish Home Health, Titusville , Psychiatric RN - Home Health, Healthcare , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!