Registered Nurse, Cardiac Rehab
Company: Parrish Medical Center
Posted on: February 7, 2019
Under the direction of the Cardiac Rehab Manager, provides all therapeutic nursing care procedures for patients with either cardiac or pulmonary problems utilizing a multidisciplinary approach in an acute or critical care environment.
Performs assessment and reassessment of the patient with the development of a care plan.
Key Responsibilities: - Competent with the patient monitoring and assessment process with all procedures based on established standards, able to teach others as needed.
Evaluates the effectiveness of the care delivered and makes recommendations for change.
Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate for all ages of patients served.
- Perform patient support functions utilizing knowledge and understanding of the disease process while maintaining principles of infection control and safety, i.e.
patient/family education, patient transport, charging of procedure, gathering and reporting of patient information, and verifying patients' acceptance in the program.
- Competent to apply skills to use, teach others, and troubleshoot specific types of equipment; hemodynamic monitors, pulse oximeter, telemetry system, blood glucose monitor, pacemaker, treadmill, weight, and bikes.
Will process equipment through infection control procedures for all equipment used within the Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab program.
- Conducts an initial interview and creates a patient care plan which becomes an agreed goal with the patient and/or family.
Collaborates with other health team members to provide a continuum of care for the patients.
- Assures proper preparation and administration of all medications utilized within the program.
Has a strong knowledge of the physiologic cause and effect of an adverse reaction, able to teach others when needed.
- Competent and can teach in the performance of obtaining ECG tracings with the telemetry system.
Recognizes arrhythmias and communicates findings, if appropriate.
Proficient with processing the reports.
- Assists with the gathering of data for process improvement projects within the Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab program, i.e., patient education, safety, sentinel events, patient outcome surveys, and other processes to improve the continuum of care for the patient and family.
Provides assistance in the marketing of the program and volunteers for health fairs when appropriate.
Assists the Coordinator in the review, development, and edit of policies and procedures to assure compliance with JCAHO guidelines.
- Associate's Degree, ADN or other Two Year College equivalent required.
Majors(s) required. Work Experience:
- 2 years to
Keywords: Parrish Medical Center, Titusville , Registered Nurse, Cardiac Rehab, Healthcare , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!