Company: Parrish Health Network
Posted on: January 15, 2023
**To be considered for this position please complete the formal
Schedule/Status: Varies; Full-time
The Physical Therapist reports to Director of Rehabilitation
Services and is responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and
administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as
prescribed by a licensed physician. The Physical Therapist
coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to
supportive staff (PTA, etc.). and participates in operational
aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement
activities within the department and participates in CQI
activities. Provides input to Director in formulating budget,
assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls
and assists in taking appropriate action to remain in budget
guidelines. The position shall exemplify the desired Culture of
Choice - and philosophies of Parrish Healthcare.
- Evaluates a patient's condition and devise an individualized
physical rehabilitation and treatment plan to enhance strength,
flexibility, range of motion, motor control, and reduce pain,
discomfort and swelling the patient is experiencing.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on all patients as related
to the therapy requested and provided per policy. This includes
neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric patients and the general
- Observes and evaluates effect and response of implemented
treatment, recommends change to physician as needed.
- Assesses patient pain interfering with optimal level of
function or participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate
physician contact for intervention.
- Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a
referring physician to restore function and prevent disability
following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Formulates a plan based upon identified learning needs and
evaluates effectiveness of learning, including family in educating
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned.
- Knows fire, disaster and safety procedures and regulations as
it pertains to the work area Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with
a certificate in Physical Therapy or certificate from approved
school of Physical Therapy Work Experience:
- 3 years to
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Current Florida Physical Therapy Licensure,
- Current American Heart Association BCLS certification
Keywords: Parrish Health Network, Titusville , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!