Registered Nurse ER FT Night
Company: Parrish Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next
step**LBR 2262Schedule/Status:Full TimeStandard Hours/Week:
7p-7aGeneral Description:Under the general supervision of the
Executive Director/Director/Clinical Coordinator, the RN is
responsible for the provision of nursing care as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served. The RN through team nursing and the
multidisciplinary team assesses, plans, coordinates, implements,
and evaluates the plan of care. The RN monitors the plan of care to
ensure quality, appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of
the care rendered. The RN, utilizing the Person- and Family-
Centered Care Model, recognizes and addresses family needs and
preferences, and integrates family caregivers as partners in care
demonstrating mutual trust and respect.Key Requirements:
- Perform physical and psychosocial assessment including growth
and development of the patient. Record and analyze patient medical
history, symptoms, and conditions. Monitor, record, and report
symptoms or changes in patients' conditions. Perform indicated
re-assessment within defined timeframes.
- Administer medications, infusion therapy and treatments
utilizing bar code scanning and evidence based safety
- Team leading and coordination of care: Initiates the care plan
and plans daily care with the team, patient and family. Coordinates
care with the multidisciplinary team members to meet patient's
educational and discharge planning needs. Modify patient treatment
plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Appropriately coordinates, delegates, and supervises duties of
other health care personnel, such as Licensed Practical Nurses,
Nursing Aides, and Patient Care Sitters.
- Utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills,
implements direct patient care and treatments, as demonstrated by
follow through and use of appropriate intervention.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of planned interventions in relation
to patient responses and the attainment of expected outcomes.
Document and communicate actions to maintain continuity among the
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, patients,
families, and other health care team members. Includes the
person/family to actively participate in face-to-face bedside
handoff/handover report; communicates in SBAR format for all
handoff/handover reports and changes in patient's status to the
Care Provider/physician, Clinical Coordinator or Charge Nurse.
Follows the chain of command.
- Documentation is concise, pertinent, and legible, on the
appropriate form and according to accepted standards. Nursing care
is provided in an organized, timely, safe, cost effective
- Plans, implements and evaluates effectiveness of patient
education. Instruct patients and families on topics such as health
education, disease prevention, and develops individualized health
improvement programs helping patients make informed decisions about
their health and treatment. Promotes patients' independence by
establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families
to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Participates in Quality Monitoring/Performance Improvement.
Incorporates Evidence Based practices into daily
- Graduate of an accredited RN education program
- Associate's Degree, ADN, or other two-year college equivalent
requiredRequired Licenses and Certifications;
- State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) active license
- Basic Life Saving (BCLS) certification (or within probation
- Advanced and/or Pediatric Life Saving (ACLS or PALS)
certification or NRP, preferred
- EKG competency, if applicable
Keywords: Parrish Medical Center, Titusville , Registered Nurse ER FT Night, Healthcare , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!