Accounting Manager, Courtyard by Marriott
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching
for an Accounting Manager to join our team at our new property, a
152 room Courtyard Hotel by Marriott in Titusville, Florida opening
in March, 2022. Located just outside of Kennedy Space Center (also
operated by Delaware North Parks & Resorts), this Courtyard will
also feature a great viewing deck for launches and catered events.
In this role, you will oversee a variety of accounting functions
including performing weekly financial reporting, closing monthly
ledgers, consolidating financial results and communicating those
results to various stakeholders both internally and externally. As
Accounting Manager, you will also work with the subsidiary
leadership and Global Business Services (Corporate Accounting) team
to continuously improve the efficiency of the financial reporting
environment.Per city, state, or client mandate, all current and new
hires at this location are required to have received an authorized
COVID 19 vaccination. You will be asked to confirm this prior to
receiving a job offer.Responsibilities
- Effectively manages the business unit finance with direct
supervision over an accounting clerk. Provides financial
leadership, coaching, and mentoring to direct report.
- Responsible for the business unit financial control
environment. Upholds corporate accounting policies and procedures
to ensure compliance and high-quality delivery of all
- Serves as primary contact for any internal or external audits
over the unit financial cycles.
- Manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close
processes for the business unit.
- Prepares monthly forecasts and annual plan for business unit,
provides insightful review of year-over-year changes, and
recommends areas of focus to improve operating margins.
- Leads or assists with ad hoc analyses of the finances and
prepares reports to facilitate decision making.
- Understands ledger movement due to guest transactions and
becomes proficient in the Marriott property management system.
Effectively uses system reporting to manage the hotel revenue cycle
for receivable items such as reward stay points.
- Collaborates with other teams, functions, and data owners
across the company to align on process and data issues and to
ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes
are implemented. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or associate s degree in
business related curriculum with relevant prior accounting
- At least three years of accounting experience including
previous supervisory experience (cash management, inventory control
and auditing experience a plus).
- Flagged hotel industry experience highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting processes.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft
Financials or similar accounting software.
- Understanding of how to drive effective performance
- Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective
communication.Who We Are At Delaware North, you ll love where you
work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Titusville , Accounting Manager, Courtyard by Marriott, Executive , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!