Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 30, 2019
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers
space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the
world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related
propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense
electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition;
satellites and associated space components and services; and
advanced aerospace structures
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr.Princ Electrical
Engineer to join our Design Engineering team in our Kennedy Space
Center, FL offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer is responsible for the
design, processing, test, and technical support of avionics and
cable elements of the Space Launch System Booster vehicle to
contract requirements. The candidate's major responsibilities
include (though not exclusively):
- Coordinate design changes as required.
- Support electrical components system integration design
- Create and sustain engineering documentation products
(drawings, specifications, design and analysis reports, test plans,
test reports, etc.)
- As a MRB DE present nonconformance MRI dispositions MRB
analysis/use as is dispositions
- Oversee Forward and Aft assembly electrical testing for
acceptance of flight electrical systems/components.
- Technical expert of FTS Booster electrical components (ADU &
- Create and revise engineering drawings and specifications and
conduct engineering reviews with stakeholders in order to optimize
hardware for fabrication and lowest end cost.
- Support manufacturing and assembly operations and test
- Electrical Cable installation (Struts, Aft Skirt, Forward
- Flight System Safety (FSS) component support
- Forward Assembly & Check-Out (ACO) support
- System integration tests OI, FTS and DFI
- Launch Countdown support of FTS
- Support Program Management office on engineering labor
estimates, schedule, and procurement activities.
- Support other element Integrated Product Teams in integration
and optimization of engineering products and processes.
- Write test plans, oversee testing, analyze test data, and make
revisions to design based on results.
- Support hardware discrepancy (MRB) activities.
- Candidate must have a minimum of9 years of engineering design
and analysis of aerospace electrical systems experience with a BS
in Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent. BS degree
with 90years' experience or MS with7 years' experience is
- Working knowledge of Analog, Digital, and Instrumentation
- Familiarity with common aerospace bus architectures (e.g.,
- Experience integrating and testing Avionics subsystems
- Experience with Material Review Board and resolving discrepant
- Previous experience with Space Shuttle hardware or other Space
Launch Vehicle Avionics hardware
- Elementary understanding of Configuration Management practices
(e.g., Change Request/Change Notice) generation
- Proficiency with Zuken modeling software
- Proficiency with Cirrus cable harness test equipment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Broad understanding and knowledge of aerospace electrical
system design and manufacturing processes
- Experience with the design and analysis of flight electrical
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment as part of
a multi-discipline team
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working in a team
- BS/MS degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- BS degree with9 years or experience, or MS with7 years of
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Titusville , Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!