Hygienist - Titusville Office
Company: Coast Dental and Orthodontics
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Registered Dental Hygienists are assigned duties and
responsibilities which involve licensed professional work in
providing dental hygiene services. A registered dental hygienist
implements appropriate standard of care therapy, assists a dentist
in providing hygiene, periodontal or dental care and treatment,
provides dental hygiene assessments, creates treatment plans based
on dentist's diagnosis, and conducts oral and overall health care
education and instruction to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assess patients' teeth, bone, and periodontal tissues indicating
the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or
- Creates periodontal treatment plans based on dentist's
- Bring to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected
lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly remove soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stain
from teeth, using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and
- Instruct patients how to practice good oral hygiene; make
recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients'
home care; and provide other health care education, as
- Perform prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or
- Perform full mouth debridement, either as a first stage
gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further
enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Perform root planning as a periodontal therapy.
- Place locally-administered antibiotics as supportive
- Implement irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products
as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Expose, develop and mount dental x-rays (intraoral and
- Perform In-Office Whitening procedures, including applying
gingival isolation, subsequent bleaching gel, and curing gel. Note:
The hygienist is unable to apply the first application of bleaching
gel. The dentist must perform this.
- Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluorides and pit and
- Make recommendations as to patients' recare interval and
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed
under applicable state laws and regulations.
Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with the
State of Georgia.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Dental hygienists must be willing to partner with the dentist,
work well as part of the total dental team and should have good eye
sight and manual dexterity, because they use dental instruments
within a patient's mouth, with little room for error.
Dental hygienists work in clean, well-lit offices. Important health
safeguards include strict adherence to proper radiological
procedures, infection control protocols and the use of appropriate
protective devices when administering anesthetic gas or working in
the dental laboratory.
Dental hygienists must also wear safety glasses, surgical masks,
full arm length gowns/lab coats, and gloves to protect themselves
and patients from infectious diseases during all patient care.
Open-toe shoes are forbidden, long hair is recommended to be pulled
back and finger nails are to be kept short and tidy for all dental
hygienists in treatment rooms.
Keywords: Coast Dental and Orthodontics, Titusville , Hygienist - Titusville Office, Administration, Clerical , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!